Guidelines and Eligibility Illustration Fair 2019
1. All artists, illustrators, designers, and creators of any nationality who are present for the event (9 and 10 November 2019) in the Estación Mapocho, located in Santiago, Chile are eligible to apply.
2. There will be 8 categories:
Illustration: Illustrated products, original works, stationary, etc.
Textiles: Clothing and accessories.
Publishing: Fanzines, comics, books, etc.
Tattoo: Only expositive.
Design: Lettering, industrial design, etc.
Street Art: Graffiti, stencil, paste up graffiti, etc.
Hand Crafts: Artistic toys, dolls, jewelry, etc.
Graphic Arts: Xylography, serigraphy, lithography, etc.
*You can choose 2 categories. This filter will allow us to organize the strands by type.
3. All products must be designed by the artists. For products illustrated the third parties (e.g., clothing with designs by other artists), these must be authorized by the artist. We will not accept products with illustrations copied from the Internet.
4. We seek originality, workmanship, professional presentation, and coherence between the images submitted and the portfolio. For this reason, we ask that no more than 20% of your portfolio may contain fanart.
5. Deadline: 20 September 2019 at 23:59:59 (GMT -4).
6. Those selected will be announced on 25 September 2019 via the website www.santiagoilustrado.cl, on the event’s social media, and by email.
7. Those selected will have 13 days to confirm their attendance and pay their registration. The deadline will be 8 October 2019.
8. On 9 October 2019 we will notify those on the waitlist in the event that someone originally selected has not confirmed and paid the registration fee. The deadline will be 15 October 2019.
9. The cost of the stand will be $80,000.00 Chilean pesos for both days. An additional tax may apply for those without tax exempt status. (Foreigners can contact us for more information.)
10. The Fair will be open to the public on 9 and 10 November 2019 from 10:00 am until 8:00 pm. Stand set-up will be from 8:30 - 10:00 am. Clean-up will begin at 8:00 pm and finish no later than 9 pm.
11. Stands can be shared as long as both participants were selected and with a maximum of 2 artists per stand. You can indicate on your application that you wish to share a stand with another artist, but that is no guarantee that both will be selected. If you wish to share a stand after the selection, that can be arranged.
12. Each participant will have a 2 x 2 m space with a backdrop to hang prints or other light objects, an approximately 150 x 80 cm table, and 2 chairs in addition to electrical connection. Also a courtesy ticket.
13. Each stand should be organized and neatly arranged. A surprise award will be given to the best stand at the event, which means that each stand should be well maintained and have a personal flair.
14. The order of the stands will be designated by the organizers and will be distributed by zones according to the chosen category.
15. In the event of cancellation, we will return 50% of the registration fee, with a deadline of 10 October 2019 to make your request.
16. To apply, please send the following information to email@example.com:
- Full name
- Artist name or brand
- Country and city
- Website | Portfolio
- Contact phone number
- Five (5) images of your products in JPG 72 dpi.
- Do NOT send documents in PDF, MS Word, or PowerPoint
17. By submitting your materials, you acknowledge and accept the stipulated guidelines.